Monday, September 15, 2008

5 Year Anniversary

Can you believe it me and Greg have been married five years already, its just crazy to think. I love being married and it is so much fun. Greg is the best husband and friend in the whole world. I don't know what I would do without him.  Well I had big plans for us to go on a cruise for our five year anniversary but after having Brianna and with Greg being super busy at work this summer, my three months I had off of work came and went away so I wasn't able to get off more than four days in order for us to go some where so we decided to take a trip to Malibu and pretend we are rich for a couple of days. 
















So we found a house to rent right on the beach in Malibu 
that was beautiful and so nice. As you can see from the pictures the house sat right on the water and the waves would come crashing up right on the house. So we enjoyed eating dinner on the porch and listening to the waves all night while we slept. 
Our first day we tried surfing but didn't realize their beaches are rocky so I could barely walk out to get on the board and then after cutting up my feet I gave up and came in. Then I made Greg drive south for awhile and tried to find another beach to try  surfing. Well I came to realize I need some surf lessons. So you good surfers next summer I need lessons it has been like two years since I surfed so now I forget how to surf. We also went out to eat to really good sushi place, watched some movies and just relaxed and hung out. Greg's parents were nice enough to watch the kids and they had alot of fun with the grandparents. The second day we rented a Kayak and took it out in the ocean. I tried to take pictures of all the neat things we saw but none of the pictures came out but this one of us trying to paddle. So while we were in the Kayak we saw 1- family of dolphins(that swam right past us) 2- a green balloon 3- a sailboat 4- a airplane that came right above us 5- sea lions 6- surfers. It was fun to just hang out and talk. Luckily Greg was a good sport and did most of the paddling. The last night we were there we went down to Santa Monica third street and walked around and just talked. We saw this crazy dog that could stand on a skateboard without falling off. 
Five things that I love about being married:

1- Greg makes me laugh everyday
2- Always having a best friend
3- Best dad in the world (he is so creative and fun that Sean never has a dull moment)
4- Someone to share my struggles and great moments together
5- Someone who I never get sick of and I always want him around



No comments: