Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mexico Trip-First almost whole family vacation








The kids swam everyday, almost all day and they became little fishes. It was so fun to watch the kids diving in the water and then having diving races to see who could dive the deepest. Sean pretty much won everytime. He can offically dive to the bottom of 5 feet pool without any trouble and pick up a toy. Bri can get almost to the bottom she's just a little off. At the end of the day they were so worn and and sunburnt. Sean was so cute because he reminded me of me when I was little and we would swim all day in the pool or lake on our family reunions to bear lake. He had the same red ring around his eyes and nose even with sunblock always being put on and blood shot eyes from keeping his eyes open underwater. I would get the same thing. The more I think about Im really tempted to put a pool in when we buy our house because my kids are little fishes and even Kaylee loves the water too. Oh ya and my kids made fun of me because I still plug my nose and Sean told me that he could teach me how to swim the right way.










The second day this family we met told us about a really neat place down the beach where you can go help release baby sea turtles back into the ocean. So we got to go and help the baby sea turtles find their way home. It was so neat because they are so little, the littlest wave would just push them back to where they started, so we would pick them up and try and walk them out pass the break as much as we could. We learned that sea turtles follow the smell of the salt in the ocean, the warmth of the sun, and the sound of the waves to make it back to the water. Bri and Sean thought this was the neatest thing ever.



































So we finally did it we decided to take our first offical family vacation. Normally we call our vacations going out to see my parents in Idaho but I thought the kids were old enough to go somewhere new and really fun. Except Kaylee we played it safe and left her home with some friends and she had a blast and loved all the attention she got. So we went to Mexico, yes Mexico, Puerto Vallarta. At the resort it was beautiful and so much fun. Out side the resort area not so nice looking. In the daytime all the kids wanted to do was swim and of course have virigin fruit drinks all day long. All the pools had swim up bars, but they had a good selection of kid drinks which was fruit and ice blended together. The kids thought they were so neat because they could swim and drink. We stayed right on the beach and it was warm and all inculsive food, so we didnt have to worry about finding food. Another thing the kids loved. They had a great kids pool with some really fun slides too.

1 comment:

KAT said...

How fun!! I love that Sean wants to teach you how to swim right! Ha ha. I still plug my nose too! :)